Have you ever thought about just going gray?

I am 40 and I went gray early. I didn't used to color my hair. My husband didn't care, and neither did I. After I had my son though, we were at the playground when he was 1 yo and someone asked me if I was his grandmother LOL! (I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was PO'ed!)

Now I have a chronic illness, and my time is just more precious to me. I am evaluating everything that I do, and taking care of my hair and my hair color, seems to be like a waste of time sometimes.

If you have gray hair, and you color it, have you ever thought about going "natural" again? How did you do it?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 7:11 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I am transitioning and am nearly all white/gray. I love it! I refuse to color my hair anymore - the time, effort and expense. Who cares if ppl think I am my kids grandma - at least I am alive and kicking!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I just started to go grey very little but no I would never let myself go all grey.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• NO! i will probably still be coloring my hair at 95! LOL:) i just can't see myself going Gray Ever- but, it looks good on some..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:35 PM on May. 14, 2011

• HAHAHAHAhahahahaaa...NO

I counted 50 grey hairs in one small spot on the top of my head when I was 20 and swore I'd never see my natural hair color again (I had already been coloring it off and on anyway) and I havn't other than the regrowth...in fact I just colored it again today :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:01 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I started going grey at 19; started coloring at 24; stopped coloring around 45.

Embrace your inner silver fox!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I may not really have a choice soon! I'm 38,saw my 1st gray at 20,and lately the color isn't sticking in my hair when I dye. A week later and you can see it at the temples like it was never done!
    Part of me wants to say the hell with it and let it go,but i think it would make me look so much older and I'm not ready to go there yet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I started getting gray hair really early, in my early 20s. I'm 32 now and have a lot more. I have been going longer and longer in between coloring my hair, just because I hate doing it. Also, my hair has gotten a whole lot lighter since I moved to the desert and I don't think the grays are as obvious.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My hair is maybe 10 percent gray. I am going to let it go all gray. I am 38. I know it's going to happen so I try to be cool with aging, but sometimes it bothers me. I did chop off all my hair 4 months ago. I like the shortness of it. Allot of my gray shows.. anyway. I don't think I would color it because I already decided it is going to be ok when I go all gray. Good question. I just got done looking at my gray hair before I came to cafemom! lol oh check out www.goinggraylookinggreat.com I think that is what it is.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:38 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My hair is starting to get grey, now that I'm almost 40. It is probably 10% grey or so. I have never colored it. I can't remember even having it styled. Part of me thinks it would be fun to have like 5-10 years to play with hair colors (coincidentally, when the kids are in school- I hadn't thought about the "grandma factor"!) and then to allow the grey gracefully.

I have seen some women with long grey hair and I love it. I want to have long grey hair!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:47 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I just want white hair color now to cover up my natural color
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 7:53 PM on May. 14, 2011