Should i go to the hospital?

im 29 weeks and 2 days for a couple of days ive been having 1 contration a day and now today they went to 1 hour apart to 40 min to 20 min and now 10 and they are lasting longer and im feeling like a pressure feeling around my cervix so should i go to L&D or not

UP DATE:

ok just got back from the hospital they gave me a shot to stop the contractions thanks for all the comments

Sarah1720

Asked by Sarah1720 at 7:23 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES. If you have concerns while you are pregnant and 11 weeks from your due date....GO TO THE HOSPITAL ASAP. Do not ask anyone here!
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 7:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• go to the hospital asap
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 7:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes... for sure. i'd go right now, no joke.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• dont listen to her, you can ask all you want. go to hospital get checked
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• go to the hospital
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 7:36 PM on May. 14, 2011

• get checked honey and keep us posted
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 7:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If after drinking a big glass of water and resting on your side you are still getting these pains I would head to the hospital to get checked.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree with the 1st poster. Go to the hospital. Why do people ask on a social site? If everyone says no and something happens to your baby who will you blame...them or yourself? Just GO.
    Anonymous

• Ummm yes. Get to Labor and delivery now so they can check you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• The SAME EXACT thing happened to me when I was 30 weeks. Only I waited until I was having them for three hours straight and they were 3 minutes apart. I can assure you that I wish I had gone earlier. My doctor and the people at the hospital all told me I should have gone in as soon as it started because its better to be safe than sorry. I had to get the shot to stop my contractions and I had to stay over night. You really should go to the hospital whenever you have to ask yourself if you should or not. It is much better to be safe than sorry and if anything happens because you were careless, you will never forgive yourself. Please keep us posted and I would really like to know how things go for you.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 9:59 PM on May. 14, 2011