Do you eat frozen fish?

I don't love fish, but want to eat more of it...I see frozen tilapia and flounder and cod fillets at the store, but I'm scared to try them...are they as good as fresh?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 7:24 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They, imo, are a little less flavorful than fresh but they cook well enough and don't have any kind of add texture or anything from being frozen... Still good just not a much flavor.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Nothing once frozen is ever as quite as good as completely fresh, yet we buy Ling Cod fillets "fresh/frozen" and I use them for homemade fish sticks. We like Tilapia as well... also good for fishsticks or just baked. If you aren't a huge fish flavor fan then if you can get your hands on sturgeon (we just had some friends catch some fresh and we got some) it is FABULOUS!!!! Tastes the least "seafoody" of all the seafood that I have ever tried. :)
    jhg374

Answer by jhg374 at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think so. They are nutritious and that is more important than "fresh flavor: in my opinion. Salmon frozen is excellent.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:32 PM on May. 14, 2011

• no but frozen shark is not bad
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Almost everything in the 'fresh' seafood section of your local grocery store was frozen. You'll probably see 'previously frozen' in small letters in the sale flyers ever.
    The bagged frozen tilapia is great for cooking. It's got a very light flavor so you can add sauce, marinade, breading etc and really flavor it to match your meal.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That's all I eat - fresh fish isn't found around here. I rarely buy the breaded stuff - it's the fillets you're talking about. I love it.
    Anonymous

• its good lol Ive tried all of them an taste good
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 8:01 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Not as good as fresh but still good . Thaw gently before cooking .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It's all we buy.
    And as someone above said...the stuff you see on display at your grocery store came frozen. I used to work the seafood counter at Wal-mart and it was all frozen. We thawed it in the display every day...the fish, the crab, the shrimp...all of it came in frozen and was kept frozen until put in the display counter. The only thing we got fresh were the lobsters.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No
    SparkleAndCandy

Answer by SparkleAndCandy at 10:16 PM on May. 14, 2011