What do you think about PDF ?

Parental Directiong Feeding. I am reading about it, and its about giving a routine to your baby, so if his digestive system stabilizes, then his sleeping patterns will follow... its a program that can get 8 weeks old babies to sleep trough the entire night..... its sounds intersting and seems to work for a lotof people, but I was told that attachment parenting is the best way to give your baby confidence, so I nursed him on demand, share sleep, etc... now he wont sleep in his own bed, wakes up several times at night to nurse, and I would like to start training him into sleeping in his own bed. The pdf program is kind of telling me i did everything wrong since my baby was born, he is now 7 months old, how can I do ? I tried last night to put him in his crib, and i had the worst nigth in months... going back and forth from his bed to mine... I dont know what to think or do ... Was I doing ok or not ?
Have you tried PDF ? did it work for you ?

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 7:25 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I did PDF with all 5 of mine. The oldest is 13, the youngest is 10 months and I can assure you they are very self assured, good natured, intelligent kids. I have a very close, loving relationship with all of them. They all slept at least 8 hours/night by 2 months and 11-12 hours/night by 6 months. I think different things work for different kids, but this definitely worked for my kids and I very well.

Answer by missanc at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• This worked very well for my DS but not so much for DD. DD was a fussy baby and required co-sleeping for a lot of her 'naps' and part of the evening. It's kind of trial and error as far as what will work for each child... REad up on more than one type of parenting because you may find that one is not working for your LO and you need to switch it up. OR you may need to take a little of this and a little of that from several methods to find your LO's perfect plan.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• my oldest was fed on a very strict 4 hour schedule and by the time he was 1 month old he slept from 10:pm to 10:am every night, sounds great right??? NO FREAKING NAP AT ALL!!!!! No time for me to shower, or get a tiny break. My twins were fed every two hours, we had to wake them up to feed them due to prematurity and worries about blood sugar levals, but by the time they were 3-4 months they were sleeping misnight to 6:am and eating every 4 hours. I think this can work for bottle babies, but I dont think I would try it breastfeeding until your milk is FIRMLY established
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Listen to ur mommy instincts. every family is different.
    the only thing i would say is if your nursing feeding should stay on demand. because your baby cues tells your body how much milk to make. and breastmilk is digested differently than formula.
    Best of luck! :-)
    If you love your child & give them love it will be OK!
    And you dont have to JUST be PDF, or AP..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:42 PM on May. 14, 2011