Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question on spouse adopting child

My daughter's birth certificate says "Father Unknown" for reasons I don't care to get into right now. I know who her biological father is. He knows he is her bio father. When I was on state assistance we had a DNA test done and it's on file. However, I know departments don't talk to each other. When my fiance and I marry, do we need her bio father's permission for my husband to adopt her?


Asked by VioletPlacebo at 7:49 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Adoption

Level 5 (64 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • yes you do unless his parental rights have been terminated

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:55 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • Consult a lawyer.

    Answer by dustbunny at 7:55 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • Oh, we would have to have an attorney anyway. I was just wondering out loud lol

    Comment by VioletPlacebo (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • It really depends on the state, but like the one before said consult a lawyer.

    Answer by daddysgirl17 at 8:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • what peanutsmommy1 said..

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:04 PM on May. 14, 2011