How do i stop a 3rd old from constant masterbation?

she will lay on her back and pull her knees up and "go to town" i have to tell her to stop EVERYDAY. she will use the shopping cart at walmart and i have to make her stop. idk what to do anymore but spank her. ive only spanked her 2 times from it and she does it SO MUCH

VDietrich

Asked by VDietrich at 7:54 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't try to 'stop it' try to redirect it. 'No! This is not the place for that. If you want to do that you need to do it in your own room with the door closed.' At 3 she is old enough to understand this. After all what she is doing is totally normal. She just needs to learn modesty and self control.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Omg my 2 yr does that ish to! Im like STOPPPPP, im at my end with it. I just stop her and tell her thats not nice to do where other people can see her. Im totally at a loss, My boys never really did that when they were little. Ill be checking back to see what advice the other ladies have!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That's not normal. I wouldn't spank her, I would ask a doctor.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yeah i handle it that way...lol
    VDietrich

Comment by VDietrich (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• my daughter went through something similar. she would do it and i would "yell" at her for it but i did tell her that it is something you dont do in front of anyone and it should only be done in private. i wouldnt spank her for it because then she will think its a shameful thing, when its not. but she does need to learn that there is a time and a place for it. if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me, there are somethings i hate talking about on here and this is totally one of them
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It's normal for toddlers to masturbate, they figure out that it feels good, and they do it! I agree with But Mommie, tell her she can only do it in her room when she is alone. She will quickly get bored of being in there by herself. If she won't abide by the rules, you can always ignore, or gently "put" her in her room.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 8:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• dont spank her, but i agree with first pp.. however with girls i'd ask where she learned it from.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I "NEVER" had this problem with my kids when they were three, so weird. Not your kid of course, but the thought of her doing this is truly unbelieveable to me. Tell her to stop, or redirect her.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:03 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Its normal for them to explore their bodies and she just knows it feels good. Do not spank her for this. You don't want to teach her that pleasure is shameful. As others have said redirect, and teach her that its only done in private.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I'd speak to her doctor if you are concerned, but punishing her for this will probably cause her serious problems with intimacy later.
    ask just about any professional worth their salt and they'll agree.

redirect it, don't punish her.

Look at it this way, any young female that knows how to punish herself is going to be a very happy woman when she grows up and she'll make some man happy too.
    Anonymous