Non-traditional Christmas question: serving Walmart Fried Chicken; is this weird ?

have you ever heard of such? have you ever had walmart's fried chicken? My in laws are having walmart fried chicken and a subway sandwich platter.

Is this weird or am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Holidays

• I love their chicken...It wouldn't bother me but it is kind of out of the norm..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Serving any food from Walmart sounds backwoods? Ummmm.. aren't groceries, groceries? Or did I miss something? Why don't ya let little Miss high and mighty momxfour fix your food for ya, as she has a SPECIAL store she gets food from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• And a Walmart that doesn't sell food, IS A LITTLE BACKWOODS THERE missy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it unless other family members are expecting "something else". I am traditional and bake a turkey or ham, but I can see if it is a big crowd then maybe they don't want to cook for all. Heck, if people are hungry they will eat, I believe it is about family and good tidings and feeling blessed to have a sub and wal-mart chicken. I don't think when Jesus multiplied the loaves people were saying.........OMG is there just fish and bread?!!!!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think it is fine,,,,,,,it is food ,,who cares??? As long as you are together,,,,,,hey ever since the tight economy i shop at walmart all the time .....have to,,,,,
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Sounds easy!! What a clever idea! Less time in the kitchen and more time with family. I like it!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• easy clean up! I'm so there...................................
    Anonymous

• My in laws always do the cooking since we live in apt. (and she always insists) so I'd NEVER be offended. I'm just happy my in laws cook (or order) a meal for us.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I dont think its strange at all. I dont eat chicken so I cant tell you if its good or not but it doesnt seem weird. My family last year did mexican food for Christmas and it was a potluck so no one was stuck cooking all day. It worked out great. I wish we did something like that every year.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 2:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008