Itchy belly...

When did your belly start to itch if at all during pregnancy??

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 8:02 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• around the first month
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• sometimes it was itchy when i started to get bigger because the skin was stretching out. i just used lotion like i put on after my shower, but i had to put it on 2x a day. i also was a little more itchy during the winter bc my skin usually dries out in the cold weather anyhow.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am 10 weeks and my belly is already itchy. I don't remember being itchy at all when I was pregnant with my son...??
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It's just the hormones from pregnancy. Use some lotion on your belly. Be sure to mention it to your doctor because itching can be a sign of a problem, but it's most likely just hormones. Later, it will be because of stretching...Goodness didn't I itch this time around..just had baby #2, And itched like crazy all over my stomach and sides..now I have stretch marks on top of stretch marks. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes this is because your skin is stretching... Please take my advice and do not scratch it! lol Someone gave me the same advice about not scratching... When you itch your belly you are going to get more and worse stretch marks. I took her advice and when ever I was itchy I put on my lotion. A lot a lot of lotion! I used curel's lotion for pregnancy and motherhood and only got two small ones on my belly my last week. You cannot even see them now. Remember to put lotion on your butt and boobs too... No one told me that and I ended up getting stretchmarks pretty bad there.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 3:01 PM on May. 16, 2011