I Have a question for Native American women

i am half cree half white my mother passed before i was old enough to understand my heritage my real father only talks about her when he is mad at me and in light of everything that has been happening in the last year i feel that i really need to talk to someone about why i have been shown the things i am seeing smelling hearing and y i was gifted with ''medicine'' please reply to this if u can help

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 8:13 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• ..oh yeah, also, sage is significant, across the board, in native culture.. as part of spiritual healing.. and, since im wasting another chunk of your time, i'll tell you that i was at a cheap novelty store in myrtle beach several years ago.. the gay dolphin.. and theres an indian loft there.. i only wear turquoise, as does my mama, so i went there for jewelry. the old indian there brought me medicine too. a bag of sage.. he said, 'dry sage.. good for sore tooth'. i accepted graciously and shook it off.. the NEXT YEAR, i was there again.. woke up the first morning with my face so swollen it looked like i was sucking on a base ball.. literally.. OVERNIGHT, ABSCESS TOOTH. went to the indian loft and got another bag of sage.. it healed in two days.. and stopped hurting instantly... for good. pay attention to the signs, mama. learn and teach.
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 7:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• you should go to the cree council, and yes you could be blessed and very sensitive.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 9:03 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i'm not part of the cree, so i don't know what area they are from. whatever state they are from you could call that state's tourism center and they will give you the contact information for the council. you don't even have to be part of the tribe....they like to educate everyone about the customs, etc. and since you are part of the tribe they may be able to give you more details about your family (assuming that your family was in contact with the tribe). with my tribe you can go through the ritual, etc. to receive your new name, and they will have you recorded in the history. but usually even if you don't go through that ceremony they still know what family you came from, etc. and will be able to tell you more about your background. but first step is calling the tourism center to get the info about the cree council. gl

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i have no idea what you're talking about....why don't you go to the council and talk to them about it?

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i have no idea where to even begin i am asking this because i have questions to ask about customs and things that my real mother would taught me about our heritage and beliefs like y would a stranger give me ''medicine'' and who is ''grandfather'' and why do i smell woodsmoke and sage how would i contact the council why would a lady tie feathers in my dds hair at a ''traders village'' and why is this all happening this year
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Go to the council they will not be upset that you ask these questions or that you do not know customs. They will be overjoyed to have one of the clan return.

Anonymous

• .. i'll go ahead &scare the shit out of you by saying that a 'phantom' wood-smoke smell is considered a common "phantosmia" that presents itself before the onset of a migraine and may even be a symptom of a brain tumor.. see a neurologist.. now, back to what i believe could be (and very likely IS) the reason you're smelling wood-smoke/sage: your soul is longing.. you're one half of something so rich and beautiful.. and you have no idea what its about.. what, essentially, YOU'RE about. as you mentioned, you were too little to ask and no one offered to tell you.. so this isn't your fault, mama.. im not familiar with the cree, per se, but i'd assume they're similar? that said, i'd venture to guess that the woman at the flea market (?) could sense your spirit searching.. tying feathers in hair signifies a special occasion. heres a webpage with a list of cree counsels by region. http://www.native-languages.org/cree_culture.htm
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 6:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• thanks
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on May. 15, 2011