Mommy pet peeves?

What are you pet peeves?

One of my biggest one is when someone wants something, and instead of asking for it, they sit and "drop hints". My niece was doing that today. She wanted milk. She is getting used to our rules as well (just started watching her). And instead of just asking for milk, she walked around the house complaining about her tummy being empty of milk, and how she really needed milk. I told her straight up, If you want something, you ask with a please. Then my older son following my hint walked up and said to me "mommy, may I please have a glass of milk" (Me and him do this with the younger kids, Me saying what I want them to do, and he helps act it out... he's my little sidekick!!), and then she just stood there and then went on complaining about her tummy being empty of milk.

I had to walk away, and put myself in time out.

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 8:38 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• i just can't stand whiners. i recently stopped babysitting someone because she would just whine about everything. if i kept babysitting her i would just have to spend all the money i earned on hair dye to cover all they grey that she created. can't stand whiners!! they make me feel insane.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:01 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Lol that's a funny one....mine is my 4 yr old needing to follow me all over the house and always needing to know what I'm doing and where I'm going every single time I move from the couch...she follows me into the kitchen, into the hallway, even trys to follow me into the bathroom...sometimes I just want to scream SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE!!!!!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• 1) People that don't have the common courtesy to RSVP to invitations
    2) When you hold the door for someone and they don't even acknowledge you & say thank you as if you were the doorman
    3) People that are quick to judge & criticize others
    4) People that talk on cell phones in public & carry on long conversations
    5) People that send you a Christmas only after you send them one
    6) People that tie their dogs to a tree with no protection from the elements & other animals or leave their dogs outside no matter what the weather is like
    7) Making an appointment for the doctor or anywhere and waiting for almost an hour before being seen
    8) People that spit on the ground or pick their nose right in front of you
    9) Negativity, complaining & whining all of the time
    10) Prejudice & Stereotypes
    mommamiaria

Answer by mommamiaria at 9:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My son doesn't do too much that really annoys me, if he does, I know that I must have PMS! LOL! But my biggest parenting pet peeve has to be the people who feel that it's OK to not use carseats and boosters for their children. Makes my head explode every time.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:30 PM on May. 14, 2011

• When perfect strangers ask to hold my son or touch his face! Also, mothers who let their children misbehave by screaming in public or letting them disrespect other peoples property.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• --When people make assumptions about me as a mother or about my children bases on a single incident.
    --When my 4yo (her birthday was yesterday!!!) wakes up 10,000 times a night asking for a drink or to go potty or another hug when she really just wants an excuse to get out of bed.
    --Unsolicited parenting advice from strangers.
    --Unsolicited parenting advice from people I know.
    --Strangers wanting to touch my child or offering to watch my child when I only just met them.
    --Strangers taking it upon themselves to discipline my child.
    --People who RSVP an event and never show up but don't offer any sort of apology, explanation, or excuse.
    --I'm sure there are more. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 7:29 AM on May. 15, 2011

• When mothers let their child hit others or claw them across the face and then say they're tired of it always being their kids fault! Well Hellooooo, she does it to EVERY kid she is around! At least my brother sees it...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:29 AM on May. 15, 2011

• based*
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 7:30 AM on May. 15, 2011