Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

I want to make this tomorrow in the crock pot. I bought chicken tenderloins instead of chicken pieces. Can I put the chicken in the crock pot raw or should i cook it? Plan to put it on low for about 6 hrs- I just dont want to overcook it. Thanks!

kh717

Asked by kh717 at 8:51 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can put it in raw & it will be fine!!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:59 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Raw is fine. Next time, save your money, buy breasts with the bone on. You can pull the skin off, put them in, and they will just fall off of the bone when you are done. Dried mushrooms are good in this too with the crock pot, they soak up all the flavor and are delish! Tone's has a variety of dried mushrooms that I use, you can buy at Costco. One container of them lasts me several months.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:12 PM on May. 14, 2011