Whos went into labor @ 36 weeks?

I was just wondering how many of you went into labor at 36 weeks? I dont think im going into labor or anything but if it happend this week, would the baby have to go to the NICU?

I've just had lots of cramping & back aches & BH contractions. I had one earlier today, it made my eyes water......( their not extremly painful though)

Im just wondering :)

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 8:59 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My son was born at 35 1/2 weeks. Went to the NICU for 7 days.

It doesn't sound like you are experiencing labor. Just sounds like the typical pains associated with the end of pregnancy. Drink plenty of water and relax.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:08 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i was very sick with my first baby and they tried to induce me at 36 weeks on the dot, but it failed and he was born via c-section. he was perfectly normal....he didn't have to go to the nicu, he weighed 6lbs. 1oz. and he nursed really well once i got him (i was too sick to have him at first), but he was completely normal in every way.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:09 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My 6yo was born at 36 weeks no complications at all he was just 5lbs 15oz now he is quite tall.G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:24 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It would depend on the how well the baby is doing. A friend of mine just delivered twins at 34 wks last Monday, and brought home one of them yesterday.

alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• ok thanks :) i was just wondering
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• depends on the baby....i had my ds at 36 weeks but since he was so big for that "age" (8lbs 6oz) they tested his blood sugar and it was low, he had to stay in the nicu until his bloos sugar was regulated (just a few hours) but they tested him often to make sure he was ok
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No the baby would be fine. Full term pregnancy is anything after 37 weeks... So you are almost there. I delivered at 37 weeks and my little man was completely healthy. I am so glad they induced me too because baby weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces....
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 3:05 PM on May. 16, 2011