How far in advance should i send out the birthday party invites for his classmates?

we're having a birthday party the weekend before his birthday since his birthday party is on the last day of school (that way we can go on vacation when school is done!), so when is the proper time to send out the invitations to give people time to rsvp? and when should i tell them to rsvp by? a week before the party? thanks....etiquette is not really my forte lol

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:15 PM on May. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 2-3 weeks
    RSVP by a week before the party

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't do it too long or people will forget about it.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I would say at least 3 weeks ahead because people have such full schedules. RSVP a week ahead is more than fair so you have time to prepare.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree with butterflyblue19. Give them out 2-3 weeks in advance and set the RSVP to be a week before the party.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Give them out no more than 2 weeks before party.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think that as this is a busy time of year for most families, 3 weeks in advance is a really good idea :) And it never hurt anyone to send them out to early!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I say one week. People forget if it's too far away. We sent out my daughter's invites 2 weeks ahead and half of the people forgot about it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I would say the friday before the weekend of the party, so if its on a saturday, then the friday before, so 8 days. 2 weeks is a bit long.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:18 PM on May. 14, 2011