Legs sensitive to touch?

Last night I had some really painful hamstrings (for some unknown reason - I hadn't worked out so it wasn't related to that)- this morning I woke up and both my legs on the backside were sensitive to touch - kind of prickly in feeling. I've been scouring the Internet to try and figure this out (and I'd go the doc except I don't have insurance and my husband doesn't have a job).

Does anyone have any clue what this might be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Health

• Do some stretches and see if that helps. Might be a circulation problem

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I did ... that didn't help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i had this a couple of times the day after i was sitting outside on the patio....one time on the bench made from pavers, the other time after sitting on the metal chair. i put two and two together....it happens to me after i have been sitting on cold metal or stone. my legs feel strange the next day....they are sensitive even when my pants rub on them. it lasted about a week or so for me. have you been sitting on anything cold metal, stone, etc?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:23 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No ... I had been sitting at my computer for a longer period of time than normal, but that has a cloth seat.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• it's probably connected to that i think..... i think it's something to do with the nerves. it's really annoying but i haven't had any success with anything other than waiting for it to go away. maybe you could try to get up more often? that might help some
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If it was in all areas of your legs I would think RLS or restless leg syndrome but since its in your back of the thigh area that's different. Do you have a rash on the back of your legs? It is a nerve pain I'm sure but not sure what is causing it.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:28 AM on May. 17, 2011

• There's no rash .... it was very weird. After the prickly skin came a feeling of bruising all over my legs and feet, but there was no disscoloration. Then yesturday, it seem to go away and I noticed that I feeling less pain and sensation when I'm active. Last night, it seemed pretty much gone, and then the skin on the trunk of my body became sensitive to touch - no bruising feeling there though, and symptoms that might otherwise be related to are non-existant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on May. 17, 2011