Anyone taking Zoloft?

My doctor just prescribed Zoloft to me. Any advice, experiences or success stories?
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• I was wondering the same thing. My dr. recommended it and I was scared to take it.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 1:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It is great and good for pms......I just switched to celexa because i can get a generic, but zoloft is great ,,no problems at all!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was prescribed Zoloft for depression during pregnancy but I have refused to take it. There is too much question about its safety for my taste. If you are not pregnant, I would say it is a good choice. I know lots of people who have been on it and liked it.

As with ALL anti-depressants, there are side effects and they include sleep disturbance, sexual side effects (like not wanting any), involuntary muscle twitching and "brain zaps". I have experienced all of these while on AD medication so just be informed before deciding.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 8:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• LOVE Zoloft.. one of the safest out there, been used for decades... has had long term trial studies on long term effects, safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I am currently taking it and I guess it has helped. I also changed the way I look at things so I am not sure if just having a more positive outlook has helped me or if it is the meds... which of course they would help so... the only thing I notice is weird dreams. But it has not effected me sexually or with me bfing. It does seem the safest though IMO.
    augustmommy08

Answer by augustmommy08 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2008