Do you think I own him an explanation?

My Ex/babydaddy/father of my kids ended our relationship of 10 yrs almost 2 yrs ago...we havent spoke for a whole yr due to the protection order I had on him, but now he came around lookinold him I was seeing g for the kids and trying to make peace which is wonderful. Well as we were talking about how life was the subject of seeing other people came and indeed I told him I was seeing someone...he took it really good, since he has someone as well....well on Friday he called for something about his check,since he is now paying child support all he does is complain, and I told him I didnt know when he heard my boyfriends voice in the background and started asking me who was that? I was like why does it matter....but it was his tone of voice like I better give him an explanation of whos voice that was...but all I said was...''I dont have to explain anything to you...WTH! and he hung up the phone and havent heard from him since...What you all think?

koolmaa

Asked by koolmaa at 9:38 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If he had the kids wouldn't you want to know who was coming around them? Out of respect of him being the father of the child(ren) you should allow him to know who you are dating.
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 9:40 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Hmm I am not sure what his reasons could be (for wanting to know who the guy was) maybe he is nosey, he could be jealous that you have someone in your life. Or it could be that hearing a man's voice made it sink in that you have indeed put him in the past and moved on with your life. I do agree that it was NOT his business and you do not have to explain anything to him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I can see your point of view...because I do want to meet whoever is that he is with...but to ''question me the way he did'' Im sorry I dont think he has that right......
    koolmaa

Comment by koolmaa (original poster) at 9:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

• thank you MizLee...thats where I am at as far as where he needs to be...
    koolmaa

Comment by koolmaa (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No he could have been more respectful of it, but guys often jump before they think LOL
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 9:46 PM on May. 14, 2011

• what got to me was his tone of voice....and thats why he is in the past...UGH
    koolmaa

Comment by koolmaa (original poster) at 9:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• what was wrong with just saying "my boyfriend". You didn't have to share his name or anything like that, but I think it's only natural when you are talking to someone on the phone to ask "who else" is there if you happen to hear someone else there while talking.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• again, because I dont, or dint.... still feel like I dont need to explain anything...I dont ask anything, he tells me, I even told him '' your life is your life'''the kids life is OUR life.....whats wrong with that? he doesnt get it....
    koolmaa

Comment by koolmaa (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• dont forget ladies...this is the ''dad'' that just came back to his kids life after almost 2 yrs of living la vida loca...so dont think Im hiding things or can talk to him....I just honestly think its NOT his place...as far as MY LIFE!
    koolmaa

Comment by koolmaa (original poster) at 10:05 PM on May. 14, 2011

• it's not any of his business his main concern should be only the children
    nannalisa

Answer by nannalisa at 10:16 PM on May. 14, 2011