Huckabee's out!

He announced on his show tonight that he would NOT be running for President in 2012 because "his heart said no". If his heart's not in it, that's the best reason I can think of not to run.

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 9:40 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• :(
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• – collapse
    Oh and ya know,he could have a secret that would come out during the campaign and he doesn't want to go through that kind of thing! Hehe. That is why many of them "decide not to run".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:45 PM on May. 14, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Or he's looking for a VP bid.....
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:47 PM on May. 14, 2011

• NBD. He wasn't going to get the GOP nod anyway-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:53 PM on May. 14, 2011

• minnesota,

He is a former Gov and he ran in the last presidential election. He likes his show with Fox and he is happy were he is.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:59 PM on May. 14, 2011

• minnesota,

Answer by Natesmom507 4 minutes ago

------------------------
    YES, I know all about him. I did research on him in 2008. He does have a controversial son.....that was exposed then
    But who is to say that there isn't a brand new secret he wants to keep secret? :LOL.
    I think it would be good for him to stay at Fox News anyway.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I'm glad. I was raised LDS and while I'm not longer Mormon the comments he made about Mitt Romney left a sour taste in my mouth. I think he's disrespectful and I know he apologized... but I don't think he meant it.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:14 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Blech, no longer.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I always thought he was a good guy. Until I caught a couple of his Fox shows. He's a bit off
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:53 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think Huckabee is nice enough, but he wouldn't be my first pick. Or second, or third . . . I respect his ideals and his opinion on things even though I don't agree with him on some issues. I won't bother assuming that there is some scandal that he is trying to avoid. I think anyone looking to get into the race needs to take a hard look at what they would be inheriting and I can wholeheartedly say that I wouldn't be up for the job. I can't blame anyone else for deciding the same thing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:50 PM on May. 14, 2011