Strong insecurities

over my own face. I look at my hubby's girl/friends and they are gorgeous. Somehow they all have white, straight teeth from braces and whitening, I've never had braces, have 1 fake tooth and they're all stained from coffee.
My skin on my face has plenty of scars and blemishes/acne, ears stick out, awkward smile...agh. I want to get rid of these insecurites but I can't! I've felt this way about my appearance since I was a little girl.
What was the breaking point that got you over your STRONGEST insecurity?

P.s. please don't be rude or mean, I'm trying to get rid of my own insecurities and being an A** will only make it worse, I'm a sensitive lady but still take things to heart when I shouldn't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yeah, sometimes I feel like a dog and I wonder why my man wants to be with me. But the thing is, he loves me and is with me, not them. Good luck.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:46 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I've had very similar insecurities myself, but you know at the end of the day you have to embrace the reality of it all. Your husband is married to YOU and loves YOU; not those other women.
    Arielles_Mommy

Answer by Arielles_Mommy at 9:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• We all feel that way sometimes. ((HUGS)) Our men loves us for who we are and think we're beautiful for the same reason, flaws and all.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• The breaking point for me to stop worrying about my insecurities was when our daughter was born with a large, red, disfiguring tumor/birthmark on her nose and upper lip called a hemangioma. She has had 11 reconstructive surgeries so far and will need more. She has scars & her face will never be perfect. She is judged immediately when people see her and my heart breaks for her. No one is perfect and that is exactly what makes us unique, interesting, special and perfect in our own way. Our daughter is my hero and has truly taught me that beauty is only skin deep. Society puts so much pressure on all of us. Life is so short and we need to embrace our differences and make every day count.
    mommamiaria

Answer by mommamiaria at 10:03 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Wow... I think I started to feel more secure as I got older. I used to be just like you are now. I did eventually get braces (at age 35)..LOL! I hated my teeth sooooo much. However, after I had the oral surgery and the braces, the Dr. accidently left one open space on bottom, which I've never been able to afford to have a fake tooth put in... now, the bottom teeth are starting to go crooked again. Anyway, I hate it that you feel this way about yourself. There are so many things for us to do out there now. By simply wearing a little heavier makeup to cover the scars and such, you might be surprised how much better you feel! Get out there and start doing some things for yourself. Go to the department store and ask them for a free makeover. See what they do and the results. I know it's expensive to buy their products, but use that as an idea of what you can do. Take care of yourself!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:05 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think everyone has insecurties no matter how beautiful they are. My BF tells me how beautiful I am almost everyday. And my strongest insecurity is that i am hairy. I mean I have hairy legs and a hairy stomach....and I hate it!!!!
    jj22422

Answer by jj22422 at 12:09 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Im not over mine. But it helps to think of things you or your husband LIKE about yourself
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 12:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Everyone has insecurities, you are SO not alone! Mine was always about my brain, I never thought about my appearance because I guess I didn't know any better, so I just make sure I remember deodorant ;) I'm very overweight, and I know I can fix that, but for some it's easier than others. As for me, if I need a pick me up about my looks, I do what I can. Like I'll blow out my hair, or I'll put on some make up, and I look up tips on Youtube about makeup techniques. And I'll admit that I will don some Spanx when I particularly hate my gut. I'm not suddenly a size 2 with a flawless complexion, but I at least feel a little better. My teeth are yellowed a bit, try mixing some baking soda with your toothpaste and in about 2 weeks your teeth should be a little brighter, not bleached white but a couple of shades whiter. I'm not over my strongest insecurity yet, I'm still uneducated and overweight, but like you, I'm working on it.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You can make changes over time. Start with braces and teeth whitening and it will make you feel like a whole different person. Teeth are very important.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:38 PM on May. 16, 2011