Is it normal??

My hubby of 4 years is leaving to go on a 4 day trip for work and I feel like crying all the time. He's leaving on tuesday and I feel like crying from now. He's only ever been away once before and I cried alot then to. We live alone with our 3 yr old son and I feel so depressed just thinking of how alone I'll be, I want to cry... Is this normal or am I being too emotional?? Should I suck it up??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 9:47 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I am being blunt not rude: Suck it up. My husband has been gone for 15 months once and we are just beginning a 12 month separation. Yes you can miss him and you should. Now if you do not feel you can 'suck it up' at all- then you may be co-dependent and I really don't know what you can do about that other than therapy
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 9:48 PM on May. 14, 2011

• get a sitter and enjoy some time with other adults
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• This will be hard for both of you. You can make it special and even sexy for both of you. Turn it into a game. Leave luv or sexy note for every day. Send sweet photos of the kiddos to his phone. Save some phone calls home for after the kids go to bed. By the time he gets home you both will be so excited to see eachother. You can turn this around Sweetie. Have fun
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:53 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am with AnAnxiousHeart. My DH is retired Army. But he did 15 months in Iraq and a year in Korea. And weeks and months in the field training. So I do not understand women who can not spend a week or just one night away from their SO/DH.
    Just suck it up. Try to enjoy the time away from him. I always call it ME TIME. I actually enjoy it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• You can survive 4 days... I get that it sucks, and to be perfectly honest, I'd probably bawl my eyes out if my husband went away. We've never spent a night apart... Just keep yourself busy... Have a "camp out" in the living room with your ds... (you won't be in a big bed where your dh should be, and you won't be alone, either) You'll be okay. Best to you!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:03 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think it is so sweet that you miss him that much :) just hold onto that while he's gone and enjoy the fact that, lady, you've got it all :)
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 10:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It's only 4 days. I've had gas that lasted that long. yes, suck it up. Plan something nice for when he gets back. That should keep you busy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I'm with Louise, when my dh was in the military he was gone far more than he was home. I missed him! But I wasn't distraught, not even when he was deployed. This doesn't seem healthy to me, as if you cease to function when he's away. You need to work on individual interests or seek counseling.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• its normal
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Didn't realize that some moms on this site can be so mean :(((((
    gutterflower585

Comment by gutterflower585 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on May. 15, 2011