What type of vehicle should i buy? Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, or other?

I have three children (ages 5, 6, and 8) with one on the way very soon. We need a bigger vehicle and we are considering the Yukon, Tahoe, and Suburban. Any recommendations or advise?

LillyMommy

Asked by LillyMommy at 10:00 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd personally look into getting a SUV that's a Hybrid, such as the Toyota Highlander. It will give you the room you need, help cut on gas expenses, and it's a better option for Mother Earth. =)

My father in law has one and he loves it. He's been true to Highlander for years, and bought a new car the year Highlander released a hybrid and LOVES it. I don't think he will ever stop repping the brand. It also looks stylish, has plenty of room, has no mechanical errors as far as I can tell. The inside is pretty luxurious. He has a white one with wood grain and leather.

I'd totally get that as an SUV if I ever had that kind of money.

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:08 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am considering the same ones,i have 6 so i was thinking of the suburban. With 4 kids you will have space with either one.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• We test drove all of those, but decided on a used Jeep Commander and I absolutly love it. It doesn't have horrible gas mileage, and has plenty of room. I live in Colorado and love the 4 wheel drive as well.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 10:45 PM on May. 14, 2011

• sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 10:49 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I like it has a camera to see behind you and can tow things. Mind is being built at the moment.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 10:52 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I just have to say I LOVE my Toyota Sienna mini-van! It replaced my Dodge Durango, which also seats 7, but it is a pain climbing into the back row. I have the AWD version. We live in the mountains and get lots of snow and a 4WD/AWD is an absolute must. It is way better on the icy snowy roads than the beefy Durango SUV. It is so easy to pile all of the kids in and out with the big sliding doors, plenty of room for the big Costco trips and camping trips!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I have a suburban, and I LOVE IT. we had a chevy astro, but vans are harder to work on. The suburban is easy to work on, ans suuuuper comfortable. Ours is older 97, but the previous owner replaced the engine and put in a manual transmission (he did an excellent job, our mechanic loves it) it also has the front bench seat, so it actually seats nine. If I had the money, I still wouldn't by a new vehical, I'm totally in love with my burb!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:30 AM on May. 15, 2011