Apple Sauce and Ketchup lotion

My daughter 2 years old uses ketchup and apple sauce as lotion. She puts it all over her face and arms. I really don't want to have to sit and watch her eat every time she eats. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to get her to stop doing this?

Tkapande

Asked by Tkapande at 2:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• tell her its food..you do not do that...buy her some cheap smell good loation
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It'll be messy for a few weeks, but she will grow out of it.
    Anonymous

• annon is right just a phase she will grow out of it. I find often that the more you tell a toddler not to do something they do it more. If you don't give her the desired reaction she will stop sooner or later. Just act like it's no big deal wash it off and move on.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Hey at least it 's not poop!!!!! My 22mo old dd got out of the shower and rubbed poop all over her Dad LOL
    amie995

Answer by amie995 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My daughter LOVES lotion- buy her her own (huggies, johnson & johnson, whatever) so she has her own. And just like someone else said- tell her 'no no' when she tries to use food- just let her finish eating and then give her the real lotion.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 6:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008