My 2 yearold has a greyish looking tooth

We noticed it today. Her front tooth. We brush her teeth twice a day sometimes she brushes more than that. Doesnt have toomuch sugar or anything. Mostly drinks water doesnt really havejuice. Soywould this happen Nd what can I do? Is her adult tooth going to b like this???

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:06 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be a damaged root or nerve... Take her to the dentist. Maybe they can answer the questions about her adult tooth. If she's fallen or banged her tooth on something, that would be the likely cause.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My friend's son had a tooth like that too, but he actually bumped the tooth on the bathtub. It grayed too. The dentist just told her he'd have to wait until it fell out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Our ped said that too much iron can do that.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:10 PM on May. 14, 2011

• with just one tooth grayed i would say he bumped it, not that he has too much iron or the antibiotics did it. my DD did that to one of hers and the dentist said that we would have to wait and see, but many times the tooth will kinda heal itself. did you check to see if it was loose? if it is not, then the permanent tooth could be ok, but if he looses the tooth too early or the baby tooth is really damaged, then the permanent tooth will be discolored as well. it could be fixed with a veneer if that is the case
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 10:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• it probably got bumped as pp mentioned. my oldest son had a tooth that died for no apparent reason (it was not a front tooth, but one on the side). the dentist said that the root just dissolves and the tooth falls out (which it did....he swallowed it lmao). it doesn't have anything to do with the adult tooth. he also broke off one of his baby teeth and had to get it pulled out (one of the front lower ones) when he was 18mo. it was just an empty space until the adult tooth grew in, so i don't agree with amy that it has anything to do with the state of the permanent tooth.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:23 PM on May. 14, 2011

• not sure, but I would talk to the dentist about it either way.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I just remembered she fell on my sisters steps amd bit thru her bottom lip,i bet thats when it happened. Thank u ladies!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on May. 16, 2011