What is this brown discharge?

When I went to the bathroom earlier I had noticed there was some brown discharge in my panties and on the toilet paper when I wiped. What could this be from? I get my period at the end of the month so its not due for at least another week and a half.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Health

• it's just old blood. maybe left over from your last period, or something like that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• do you have any other symptoms? If no itching or foul odor, it could just be spotting or breakthrough bleeding, which can happen without any particular reason. If you are on the pill or other BC, this is normal, too.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:15 PM on May. 14, 2011

• nepenthe, No, no other symptoms and at the moment I am not on BC.
    Do you (or anyone else) happen to know how long this will last for if it is just old blood? Like will it be the duration of an actual period?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Is there ANY chance you could be pregnant. Sometimes implantation (little past mid cycle) can cause a little spotting.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• for me it is just occasional spotting if i have it. i might have mild cramps and then a little spotting. usually it's just a little, not like a period or anything.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• frattwin, NO chance I could be pregnant. Unless you can get pregnant by looking at someone, lol. havent had sex since january (and have had periods since then/no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on May. 15, 2011