First let me say i AM going to the dr in a week or so. As soon as i can afford it.

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with drooping eye? I know it sounds weird but sometimes for no reason my right eye (i guess it really my lid) droops and feels heavy? It felt weird then one day when it did it a friend said it was visibly closing? I guess i thought it just felt that was but wasn't actually closing? Anyway my mouth on that side also feels "lazy" at same time. It isn't that spasm we sometimes feel. It just droops stays that way for a few min. then goes back to normal? Anyone ever had this happen and what was it if so?

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 10:15 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like Bell's Palsy, but don't take my word for it. Check it out on WebMD and see if it matches your symptoms. My old roommate had it and had to be on steroids for it, but there are natural remedies for it, too.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• it does sound like bell's palsy to me too, and it can be caused by lyme's disease. it is treatable though. glad you're going to the dr. about it though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yes for sure sounds like bells palsy, you should get it treated
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 10:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• The doctor could probably bill you or work out a payment to go ahead and go. Good luck to you!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:21 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It could also be mini strokes. That is what happened to my mil. She said she felt like that part of her face went numb for a second. Dhr I'd no on meds and thankfully no long term damage. I would do some research so you have some idea of what it could be, and you can ask your doctor to rule them out when you go.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:23 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Hmmm i just looked it up and am kinda intrigued that it could possibly be so simple. I have almost every symptom i read! I don't think i would have ever thought that considering i have never heard of it! Thanks ladies. I'll definately get it checked next week!
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yea well, they are already doing a payment plan for about 4 years now! From colon cancer, so i'll ask her about adding it on if i don't have all o fit by next friday.
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Mini strokes? I guess i thought if you had a stroke you would most definately know it! I will definately mention it. Ty
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on May. 14, 2011