The cheaper toy?

i want to get my son a little kitchen and i really like the step 2 version that is 80 dollars, thats all i really want to spend because we have already gotten him things. I found another kitchen thats only 20 dollars with no reviews and it is toysrus brand. If i got the cheaper kitchen i would get the shopping cart and food maye some pots and pans... I would keep my reciept just in case it was complete junk i guess. What would you do?

JustUsTwo

Asked by JustUsTwo at 2:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Shopping

• I would say it depends on the age of your child. I bough my daughter a kitchen/shop set for christmas. the expensive brands want at least 80bucks for ONLY the shop or only the kitchen. I got 2 in one for 40bucks on ebay. It was a company of course, brand new item with warranty.

If my daughter would be younger than she is (17months) i would def. get her the expensive brand... if i know the quality is better than the others. You know kids like to chew on everything they have in their hands. When i see my daughter chewing on an expensive Fisher Price toy, then i know it probably wont harm her. But i would not like to see her chewing on a cheap non-brand toy. There was something on the news about cheap chinese/japanese toys which could harm the kids when they chew on it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would buy the better one. You get what you pay for.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would go by how long you think he'll really be interested in it. I've spent good money on things for my daughter that just ended up at goodwill in a few months. I gave up on a little quality lately knowing that she doesn't stay interested long.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Walmart has a cheap little one for $40 if you don't end up going with the one at TRU. Definitely a good buy if you ask me. :)
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would get him the cheaper one. Kids tend to go through phases when it comes to stuff like this. He likes it now, but might not next year.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2008