How to handle when boyfriend goes over baby mom house to visit his 2 boys?

Dating for over two years. Everything is good in the relationship. I have no kids, but he has two. He always tells me when he is going over there however I still get a bit jealous.

jj22422

Asked by jj22422 at 10:38 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• well, unless there is something that is going on that is questioning the relationship then i would not worry. you knew he has kids and you been in the relationship for two years. if its a feeling you can't shack and you know he is going to continue going over then i think its best to talk to him about it. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• uh....baby mom house?
    The home of the childrens' Mother? Yes.
    They ARE his kids.He needs to see them OFTEN. If you are jealous of his kids, you need to GROW UP!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• See if you can go with him.
    Anonymous

• Does he have to stay the entire time, with the birth mother?
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 10:55 PM on May. 14, 2011

• why does he have to go there after two years? Is there some reason he doesn't do the typical visitation and take them out??? If there is then you'll just have to deal but if there are not special circumstances then tell him he needs to go for legal visitation/custody .
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Minnesotanice- I dont think she was saying she was jealous of his KIDS. I think she was just jealous of the fact that he is going over to his EX girlfriends house... anything related with an ex can strike jealousy. Sounds like you need to do some growing up yourself. That comment was unneccessary.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 11:03 PM on May. 14, 2011

• @minnesotanice - Not jealous of the kids at all....just uneasy of the fact that he sits around over there. My question is how to handle the jealousy.
    jj22422

Comment by jj22422 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• He's a good father and tries to stay involved in everything that they do. I think the issue is that I have yet to meet the mother. She knows of me but I sometimes think its a little weird that I have been around her kids and she has yet to want to meet me. Which brings on the fact that there may be some feelings there for him.
    jj22422

Comment by jj22422 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If she doesnt want to meet you then she probably stil has feelings for him. Cuz why else wouldnt she? Other then the fact that she cant stand the feeling of seeing "her man" with someone else. Thats what i think anyway.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 11:16 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Umm thats weird.

Why isnt he having the kids outside of the house? I'd talk to him about him going over there. It's NOT neccessary! If hes not allowed to have unsupervised visits they can set something up with the court house to have social services watching him with his kids (my boyfriend is going threw this). But there is NO REASON he should be going over to his exs house to see his children and sitting there hanging out.

Jealous or not I wouldnt put up with it. Ask him why he cant take the kids out. If his ex is uncomfortable with you being around the children she needs to meet you and tell him that. Good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:18 PM on May. 14, 2011