Very Disgusting Question about bugs!!!

I am a neat freak...so you can only imagine my surprise when I went to put my trash into my big trash can and open it and find EWW maggots and not just a few...but A LOT taking over my can!! My trash is full because the garbage men come by Monday morning to take it so I can't just clean it out now otherwise I'll be pulling out trash bags covered with these nasty creatures. My question is...will the trash guys dump it so I can just hose the maggots out or will they not touch my trash can because the bugs are in there? I don't know what to do..I've never dealt with this before! These guys are gonna hate me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• trash attracts bugs, the guys know that.. most trucks this day and age have this electronic arm grab the can and dump it. the guys usually do not even see inside the can. it will be ok
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 11:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• they should still take it and dump it... then on monday you should fill it with water and wash it out... it happens... its trash
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:09 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I'm sure they've seen worse. They're not going to refuse to take your trash because of bugs. If you're worried about it, leave a sign on the top that says to take the whole can - then they don't have to see the bugs & you can buy a new can and not have to wash it out - we do it when the bottom is wearing out of ours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2011

• i agree u can leave a note saying take it or leave a note saying im sorry about the bugs yada yada least they will know u are sorry. not that u did anything wrong but might make u feel better. worse case u take the trash can to ur dump and dump it yourself. but only if u have a truck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:30 AM on May. 15, 2011

• You should be fine. When the trash people come again, just hose down the can.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:44 AM on May. 15, 2011

• They've seen worse so don't worry about it and just hose it out when they pick it up.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 4:40 AM on May. 15, 2011

• They'll dump it- they don't generally root around in there. After it gets picked up, just make sure you clean it out!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:21 AM on May. 15, 2011

• They will take it. Try not to put meat in it until just before trash day to help prevent reurring problems.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:06 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Trash attracts flies- totally normal.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you can dump a cup of bleach on top of the trash. That should kill the maggots and then you can tie up the bag and not feel bad for the trash guys...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 6:45 PM on May. 15, 2011