How depressed are you because everyone else is pregnant?

I am the oldest girl out of all my cousins. I am the only one to finish college. I have been in the longest relationship (11 yrs together, married 7yrs). Have 1 kid that is 6yrs old. My friend is 5 monts pregnant to a guy that has refused to work for almost a year now. Took her only 3 weeks of trying, then she left him 4 wks after she found out she was. Another cousin had 4 kids and 1 abortion by the time she was 23. I just feel like I am in the best position to have another one and it's just not happening for too long now. ~sigh~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I get depressed when someone is pregnant, or I'm around someone with a baby. My DD is disabled, and all I can do is look at them and (if they're pregnant) see all the things they're doing that's not helpful for their baby (smoking, not eating right, not taking vitamins) and be angry that their baby will turn out perfectly normal. Meanwhile I did everything right, and then some, and my daughter is disabled. And if they have babies I just see what my daughter will probably never be able to do no matter how hard we work with her.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:09 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Don't be bitter and judgment ... it won't help you get pregnant being stressed about others.
    Anonymous

• I feel you. 4 friends with newborns (like 4 weeks and younger newborns) Im a portrait photographer and see babies and pregnant people every day. and I counted 7 people who are pregnant right now and 3 of them just told me in the last few days. One of them did not want to have another kid to begin with. Gah!
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 11:24 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Mel that is just not fair I am so sorry. I have a close friend that has the same feelings, her son is severly autistic and she did everything right while her cousin is a meth addict and all 3 of her kids are "normal"
    Caelynnes.Mommy

Answer by Caelynnes.Mommy at 2:32 AM on May. 15, 2011

• So sorry you are having troubles ! I am glad that you do have, one little child. Spend all your energy on that little one until, you get another ! Good luck to you lady !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 11:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I felt the exact same way before. dh and i had our first when we were in our early 20s and he didnt want anymore after that. i went through a bout of depression because i felt the need to have another. I watched so many ppl have babies and it was selfishly so hard for me. But...when my dd was 10 we had our second and im due again in oct. Point of my story is to hang in there momma! It will happen. Be happy for others;)
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• frist raise hips up ward or legs up by using pillow also after sex u can stand on head to help his spem swim yea i too get depressed cause sister had a baby just a few weeks back i have a 3 year old & 5 year old now i feel like they don"t need me as much ,i stood on head sounds crazy but got blessed
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:55 AM on May. 15, 2011