Bridal shower attire??? Help!

So I'm going to a bridal shower tomorrow for my SO's best friend's wife (my SO is also her boss), it will be at a fancy Beverly hills hotel (SLS hotel). The people attending will be dressed up of course but I'm not sure what to wear. I dress up pretty well but that's usually to go out with friends or with my SO, it's different attire at a bridal shower...isn't it? When I go out clothes is a little tighter and maybe shows some cleavage depending on what it is but this group do of people I'm not sure of. She showed at our DD's birthday parties dressed as if she were going out for a night on the town lol. So anyway what to wear? It's a brunch at 2:30 pm. I have a dark purple satin strapless dress that I wore as a bridesmaid a few months ago, it's knee length and nice but I wonder if that will look stupid. I have another one just like it that's hot pink as well. If I can learn how to post pics I would.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 11:00 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i'd wear something dressy but not tight or low cut
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Oh yeah forgot to say, it's going to be cold and rain tomorrow.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:28 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Easy! Do some pants with a cami and cardigan. Cute jewelry and very nice shoes!
    jj22422

Answer by jj22422 at 11:42 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yeah, I would definitely go with spring dressy casual, nothing for evening, sorry I'm not liking the purple satin strapless! do you have a cute jacket you can throw over a sundress? or a cute sweater?
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:50 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Better to be overdressed than underdressed.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:36 PM on May. 16, 2011