Hw should I handle this issue with the neighbor lady?

I have lived on this street before and there is this one lady who lives right across the alley from me. When I lived here before there was this trash can that was on the street that nobody had claimed and she put it behind my apartment building. After it had sat there for a few weeks I called the trash collection company and asked them to come pick it up becuase no one claimed it. They told me to put it on the curb and they would send someone witha truck to come pick it up. But when I put it on the street the next door lady got mad because she thought it made her house look trashy and she kept putting it back in my backyard. I kept sticking it back on the street. This went on for a few days and finally the company picked it up. Fast forward 2 years and we are back living on this street after being away for awhile. This crazy lady is still mad about it! She glares at me every time we see each other but whenever she sees my husband walk by she is all nice to him. On several occasions I have heard her telling people what a terrible person I am and as a reslut most of the neigbors ignore me even though I have never even met them. This morning my husband walked by and she said hi but as soon as he left she turned and started telling her friend who was there what a horrible person this guy's wife is. So now my husband is pissed and he wants to go talk to her and tell her to stop the trash talk. I don't know as that will help becuase this lady is not mentally balanced and she isn't going to stop. I say just ignore it and her. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• yep ignore her she is nuts and sounds like a control freak. if your hubby brings it up the situation will most likely escalate. it is unfortunate that she has ruined your reputation in the neighborhood though..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:23 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree, ignore her. I'm sure others know she's crazy

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• we had one of thoes.. and everyone knew she was a lil less there and would humor her but didnt take anything to heart. if anything i wouldnt talk to her she will just argue but would smile. u look like the nice person and she will be annoyed. lol best of luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I would smile and say "HI!" while waving at her cheerfully every time I see her. Then when she tries to tell someone how terrible of a person you are they won't listen to her because they see how nice you're being to her.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:59 AM on May. 15, 2011