My baby ignores me......

I'll call her name and she doesnt really look at me.....She will keep doing whatever she's doing. Is it cause she's only 1?

SparkleAndCandy

Asked by SparkleAndCandy at 11:08 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She could have a hearing problem. Maybe get it checked out. at one years old they should be responding to your voice and their name.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:10 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Have the doctor check her hearing.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:16 PM on May. 14, 2011

• most likely shes fine and its selective.. it only gets worse with age.. heehee my husband and mom and kids do it too
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• She does alot of times,and we got her hearing thing when she was first born. Im pretty sure her hearing is fine,I think she just likes to ignore me :( Lol
    SparkleAndCandy

Comment by SparkleAndCandy (original poster) at 11:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree with Miritrose,I think she's using selective hearing. Cause im pretty sure her hearings fine,I know it is. Thanks yall :) :)
    SparkleAndCandy

Comment by SparkleAndCandy (original poster) at 11:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Her hearing could change over the course of a year ya know. does she respond to you threw out the day if you ask her something or when shes listening to something? if not you need to get it rechecked. If she does then yes she could just be ignoring you so she can continue playing!
    Anonymous

• I would still have her hearing checked... If there IS something wrong with her hearing, the sooner you find out, the better!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:24 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That seems about normal. Toddlers, little kids don't really interact ....not until they start developing language(speaking words to you) and they will only react when you are right there, looking at them. OR when you leave the room and they start missing you! LOL. THEN they will react!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• still have her hearing checked next time you take her in.
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:28 PM on May. 14, 2011

• just because she passed she newborn hearing SCREENING doens't mean her hearing is fine. it's just a screening to rule out major initial problems. If she has hearing deficit and it goes unaddressed it will affect her speech for a lifetime. you need to get it checked out - the worst that happens if we are wrong is they say its cool everything is fine go home and relax. the worst thing that happens if we are right is that you fight for years to get her speech corrected and hearing issues under control and she stuggles for years in school needlessly. the earlier its dealt with the fewer complications are likely to occur
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:29 PM on May. 14, 2011