How can I check if a property is in foreclosure?

I'm pretty sure the place where I rent is in foreclosure...how can I verify that it is?

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 11:34 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If the county records do not show you anything I would call the county and find out what they say. There should be a section on the web site that tells you who owns it though. If the bank has taken it over, it will have their name on there.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:16 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Check the county municipal court records search for the owners names.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It might be that somerimes websites won't have everything you're looking for. You might have to physically go down to the courthouse for the owners name. It might be for privacy reasons they do that.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:45 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i would call the bank if you know where the owner has the note, or go to the local courthouse, they should be able to show you public record of it
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:08 AM on May. 15, 2011

• http://www.rentalforeclosure.com/  It's generally really difficult to know if a house is in foreclosure if it's being rented, but that's probably the best way.  A friend of mine got thrown out of the house she was renting, and was only given a a day or two of notice.  It sucks how many people are going through it right now.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:17 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Contact the bank for a list of foreclosures and compare the addresses to your own.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:40 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I have no idea, but GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:20 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Call the title co. they will tell you also you should've gotten a letter from the bank
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:28 AM on May. 15, 2011

• If you're worried about fraud I'd try to contact an attorney. They'll give you a free consultation.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• You can do what everyone above said, but if you just google the address and write next to it foreclosure it might just pop up.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:55 PM on May. 16, 2011