Am I the only Mom out there like this!!????..............

I take care of EVERYTHING when it comes to my baby girl. I change all the diapers, do all the laundry, put everything together when we are leaving some where. I always feed her, always put her to sleep. In the beginning when she was first born, she was getting up every hour. That was the only time i had my husband take over so i could get some sleep. But now? I do EVERYTHING. And it doesnt bother me ONE bit.
Sounds gross...but I actually rather change the poopy diaper. I want to be sure that she is the cleaniest she can be..and she doesnt have rashes on her bottom and i want to know that diaper is going to be put on RIGHT so she is comfortable and she doesnt pee thru it. The only time i really get frustrated, is if i am in a hurry, and while my husband is standing around with his thumb up his ass, im trying to get myself ready, and her ready..the least he could do was put a bottle and formula in the bag and make sure everything we need is in the diaper bag. But other than those times that im in a hurry..i do not mind doing everything.
Do you think im just anal about things having to be perfect with her??? lol

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 11:36 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• How old is she? And no if it works for you then there is nothing wrong with it.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• She is 7 months
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on May. 14, 2011

• sounds like you need to let other people do some things sometimes because you might come off as a control freak. but i mean idk because idk the situation i'm jsut saying from what i read. also, your husband isn't going to help you get ready when youre in a hurry if he isn't expected to help you any other time. he cant read your mind. js. not trying to be rude, js.
    Anonymous

• Awe I just looked at her pic..shes a little cutie :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Anon- you are right! I really have tried to stop being such a control freak..but he really sucks sometimes lol. He will put her diaper on so jacked that when i go to change her its like falling off anyway lol When he makes a bottle, instead of washing it out when he is done , he just lets it set there on the counter..and if there is left over milk.. guess who has to be the one to smell that and scrub it?? ME lol so i just feel like im better off doing it myself.
    Brandi300- Thank you =]] that was her at 2 months
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree with anon, if you never let him help, even if you don't mind him not helping, he isn't going to think to help you when you are in a hurry. I bet the guy has no idea what to even do to help you get ready. I do everything as well pretty much, especially when the kids were babies. Now that the boys are 3 and 4 dh gets their shoes on, has them go potty before we leave, etc. I think though that he still has no idea what I put in the diaper bag for our daughter.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:42 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think i agree with Anonymous..if u always handle everything mayb ur SO thinks he should just stay outta the way while ur getting ready..some men wouldnt kno what 2 put in the diaper bag..lol..but neways if it works for u its fine..I would say let him help some tho bc u may start 2 resent that you do it all and he doesnt pitch in..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 11:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i dont think there is anything wrong with it, my only concern is you getting burned out because you are the only one doing everything!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 11:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think that you know if you do it it will get done right but I'm gonna tell you your already resenting your husband and you shouldn't it's both of your daughter and if you don't ask him to share with the responsibilities then he probably feels like he's mostly in your way and if he doesn't care for your daughter how is he suppose to know what you need in the diaper bag? you should "when your not mad " talk to him about sharing in responsibilities of her you also got to let him have the chance to do things his way and get things wrong he has to have time to learn.. tell him he needs to bond with her.

traren

Answer by traren at 11:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I like to doing things to make sure they are done right, but I wouldn't mind help every now and again. As much as I would LOVE for my husband to change a poopy diaper for once, I would rather do it cause I know he is getting clean. Every time he has changed a diaper, its too loose and my son pees out of it. But when my husband is home, he washes the cups and stuff for him and I let him feed him after I show him what he can have and how he can have it. I am also the one that packs the diaper bag cause it has to be organized at all times. While I am doing that I will let him put our son in the car. I'm a little uptight about everything sometimes but its a routine that works for me.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:44 PM on May. 14, 2011