dna paternity check?

when the baby is born can the paternity test be done immediately ??how much does it cost?? i live in Chicago

apple-bee-13

Asked by apple-bee-13 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• yeah it can and it depends on who does it for you. look up the info on google
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• After going to your CM page, file for child support against your SO... oh, and dump him. Sorry - but he's pretty f*ed up if he'll sleep with his cousin. You don't need that in your life. You and your child deserve a MUCH more sober and nice man in your lives! Anyway, file for child support. If he agrees to pay it, then he can't contest with a DNA test. If he does want to contest it they will due a paternity test at no cost to you.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was made to wait until my daughter was 6 months old (which didn't bother me, I already knew the answer, it was HE that wanted it), because the state was springing for it, and that test was cheaper. However, that was 13 years ago, so tests might have come a long way since then, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Here in Ohio it is automatically done if you draw any kind of assistance. The father is responsible for the bill. I would check with the child support office near you for information.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 3:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008