have any of you started to have your kids vaccinated then changed your mind ??

if you have gotten your child's first shots then changed your mind for some reason od another how did you tell there DR. oh sorry but no more shots for us? just curious think about going no more vaccines more info would help
tia

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would have to say, don't get the vaccinations close together and make sure it is a new batch of vaccinations beecause they usually don't have thimerosal in them. If it still does ask for it to be made without it. thimerosal is basically mercury.
    Jamelyn777

Answer by Jamelyn777 at 4:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i didnt do that, but my sister did and she just told them

"I did a lot of research on both sides of the issue and I decided as her parent it is best for us to stop vaccinating Kaylee."

the dr did give her information on vaccinating and my sister took it, but it didnt change her mind, she didnt deny it though bc she didnt want to cause problems or anything.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes. I was already debating before having my son whether I wanted him vaccinated or not. My husband said no and I agreed to it. During labor A nurse walked in and made me fill out some papers but did not inform me of what they were. There were other papers besides the vaccination papers in there too. I forgot what all she said but I thought it was the "usual" signing of information and things of that nature the way she made it sound. Then I found out later they have vaccinated him. I chose not to do it after that and I didn't want it done the first time. Just tell them you read up about vaccinations and you don't want that junk put in your baby.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My youngest is 5, and she had a reaction to her pre-Kindergarten boosters. It had to have been because of a different additive that she hadn't gotten before, because they were all boosters, not first time shots. Knowing this, it makes me sort of regret having my kids vaccinated, but there's nothing I can do about it now.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have. My first three have them all. My fourth stopped at three so he's short some. My youngeshas none and neither will the baby I'm carrying. I just tel them I've decided not to get any today. They make a fuss but they usually leave me alone.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When I decided to stop vaxxing my kids, my youngest was up for her 6 mo shots. First, the doctor badgered me about her being slightly underweight, she was 13 pounds at 6 mos old. She had been up, but just got over the flu. I was BFing only and they wanted me to give her formula. I refused. They could have just suggested I feed her more often, but NO!!! They told me that she was so underweight that she was sickly. She wasn't.

*cont'd*
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Then they wanted to do her shots. I said, What about how sick she is??? I thought you said she was sickly?? They said well not that sickly to not have her shots....um, scuse me? I refused to have her shots done and they decided to call CPS on me for "refusing to feed my child". When the CPS worker called me daily for about a week asking if I had fed my child, I responded: "What?! Don't you think I have enough to do? I have a 6 yr old, and a 2 yr old, and a 6 mo old to take care of.....a hubby that is a good for nothing piece of shit.....dishes, laundry, garbage, and YOU WANT ME TO FEED MY KID!!?!!" I told her to go to hell and hung up on her!
    Babylove76