Without meds, anybody know how to up my chances of getting pregnant with twins??!

??

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 12:18 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Like 2%, depends on genes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Do twins run on either side of the family? Some people are more genetically predisposed to having twins than others. The chances overall aren't terribly high.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 AM on May. 15, 2011

• That's genetics hun.. You can't screw with nature, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:22 AM on May. 15, 2011

• LOL i wanna have twins so bad! Twins run both in my family and my husbands. On my husbands, its his generation to have twins..idk what it is on my side. My grandma just said twins have been in our family. So i didnt know if there was anything I could do to up the chances without going to the doctor and ending up with 5 babies!! lol
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 12:24 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Nope, not really. It's all just a matter of chance, the chances are just higher if they run in the family.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• well...damn lol
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on May. 15, 2011

• There is only so much you can control in your life....some things are just a matter of chance,odds. You can't do a thing about it.
    My daughter had twins and it was really tough---the pregnancy and the fact that you have two babies who want to eat every two hours at different times,day and night. She breastfed and spent most of her days sitting on the sofa, breastfeeding and basically did nothing else for at least a year. You need a lot of patience and you will have to give up any independent life of your own for a LONG time. It is not just a whole lot of fun.It is HARD WORK!Be sure you can handle being a MOM before you have kids. Its not just a cutesy baby or adorable twins that you can have fun dressing alike....Its a whole new life!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Fraternal twins are genetic, identical twins are a biological accident. For the former to happen, you have to release more than one egg when you ovulate (or ovulate more than once) and have two eggs fertilized; if it doesn't happen naturally, the only way to make it happen is with meds. (And for the record, it doesn't matter to you whether twins run in his family...for you to conceive fraternal twins, it's all dependent on your genetic history.) And there's absolutely no way to force identical twins.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:50 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't know how anyone can hope for twins - not only is the pregnancy and delivery is 10 times harder caring for them at home is way harder. i wouldn't wish twins on my worst enemy. anyone that wishes for twins has no clue the work involved
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 1:02 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I want twins but I know its hard...it wasnt for my mo
    Though she had twins and wen one was asleep the other was awake.wen one wanted to eat the other was asleep.it was easy for her... Its all different. My husband had twin brothers and I hsve twin sisters.my husbands mom was a twin and his dad had twins....so yeah I guess I have a chance lol
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 2:06 AM on May. 15, 2011