Birth control / ovulation question

If you were on birth control, and you forgot to take a pill, then felt symptoms of ovulation the next day, would you continue to take your pill for the rest of the month, or would you stop, just in case you got pregnant?

I'm on birth control for PCOS, but I forgot my pill last night. It was the first time in three months!!! I was planning on going off the bc next cycle and try to get pregnant, but today I felt horrible pain near my ovary, where I used to feel pain all the time during ovulation. I don't want to hurt a pregnancy, if I in fact ovulated, but I also don't want to screw up my cycle by stopping the bc mid-cycle.

I can't get a hold of my doctor till Monday, so if you can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

BTW - I have no idea what category to put it in, so I put it in the TTC and health categories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• if you think you might be pregnant, and you were going to try to get pregnant, just stop taking the pill.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 3:47 PM on May. 15, 2011