Day Care

If you have children in daycare...
What do you want most from a day care for your children?
Learning activities, lots of other kids for them to interact with? The "teachers" to use your at home routine for naps and snacks...?

And, what DONT you like about your daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• to me socialization with other kids is important. i like to see more active play verses tv time. I don't mind them watching some tv just not all day.I like the daycare to have a routine and it doesn;'t have to be exactly what I have but a routine is good! i like tosee them doing learning type stuff and crafty things.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on May. 15, 2011

• socialization with other children and chances to do occational meaningful activities some teacher directed and other child directed. i don't want just a warm body to watch my kid. I don't want someone to be mean to my child or allow my child to bully or be bullied
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 1:09 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I actually didn't put my daughter in daycare until she was a year old and i put her in an in home daycare because at the other one she seemed to be overwhelmed with a ton of people. Plus at the in home she is getting one on one attention because they are only aloud 4-6 kids in their home. She gets to have story time and play with the other 2 or 3 kids that are there. The lady that watches her just absolutely loves her..she gets cooked meals and good healthy snacks. I was so nervous about using an in home daycare bc there are a lot of crazy people out there but ilove the lady that she is with shes always happy when i pick her up and has a dry diaper. They have a schedule that they go by like breakfast is usually like 10 min after i drop her off then they have story time, if its nice they go outside and play, some sort of crafty thing, snack time, then when i pick her up she is usually in the play room with the other kids.
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My son is only 2.5 so I don't expect daycare to be like a preschool but I do expect that his day care provider interact with them, teach them little things, play with them, read to them, etc. I expect him to be safe and happy and treated like one would treat their own child. He's been there for over 2 years now and has gotten all of those things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Well I don't really like daycares because my nephew actually passed away in a very suspicious way at a daycare..... But I have ran my own In-Home Daycare for quite a few years and I just simply ask the parents what they like and ask the children what makes them happiest. A lot of parents like the At-Home atmosphere because the child transitions from home to childcare easier... (more like they're going to a friends house rather than just being dropped off) TV is only used at my home for nap or sleep if the child is used to it or if new movies come out we will have "Popcorn Fridays" and we just watch movies and have pj parties and such. We always have learning opportunities but not so apparent that that's what they are :) Just walks and learning about the outside and colors and numbers and such. I dunno lots more is involved but If your opening your own daycare and would like some advice feel free to message me! :)
    BabyBoo7887

Answer by BabyBoo7887 at 1:26 AM on May. 15, 2011