Twin momma needing support...

Wow! life is crazy... It's been so long since ive been on here... I had my baby boys... 38w1d... 6p2oz and 6p7oz ... My one son was born with cranial synostosis and required surgery... he had a strip of his skull removed in january and wears a helmet atm , but hopefully that will be off within the month. the father and broke up feb 1st , when he kept my son that had surgery, refusing to bring him home after a trip to the hospital... didnt feel like it... did bring him home the next day... but pulled the same stunt a month or so ago and kept him for 8 days... I had to get a court order to get him returned... flipping nuts... now hes trying for custody, is kinda po'd that i got a judge to order my sons return and yeah... being a bit of a prick... trying to pick apart anything i do form what i feed them to ... god anything... so yeah lots of stress... Im a single mom fo twin almost 7 month old babes and a 6 year old girl... how do we do it? I really dont know... ive been struggling through and somehow making it work , but feeling the wear lately... Im grumpy often, and hate myself for it when my daughter notices... I have no familly near by and yeah... all my girlfriends have babies of their own... so social activity is minimal... my one son is already crawling and standing up and moving across the playpen standing holding on to side... so proud but omg! too soon im not ready for this! lol Guess Im looking for advice, support, anything that can keep me going... any other single mommas out there with twin babies? care to share you experiences or any insights you have? I could use them...

Mommy-2-B-of-3

Asked by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 1:13 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm 22 single mom of twin boys also! they're 20 months today! I've been single the whole time. I dumped that guy before I knew I was pregnant... He was trash and didn't believe me when I told him i was pregnant so, he hasn't been around. I do live with my parents, but wish I had my independance at times. It's tough but theres always sun after the rain, remember that one. take it hour by hour, day by day and eventually they'll be out of the baby stage and toddler stage so it won't be so hard to care for them. Being single is tough but it is what it is right now. we can't change the past and the future is the future and all we have is now. stay strong for your kids, you CAN do it. We're all always here for you <3
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:22 AM on May. 15, 2011

• be strong for your kids people admire moms like you and you will be your kids hero!! what gets you grumpy? too much on your plate?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:23 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I am sorry! I can't really relate to the single mom of twins, but I do know that everyone has their good days and their bad! You are doing the best you can, and it sounds like you are doing everything right! I would try to just find a way to relax even if its only for 15 minutes a day! I stay up til almost 3 am some times because it is the only way I can have "me time", and even though I miss alot of sleep I always feel better in the morning! I hope things get easier, and your ex stops being a d**k! Your doing great mama, and your babies will know how hard you worked and they will love and appreciate you for it!hugs

Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Totally too much on my plate... he has lots of familly and i have no one... and to him that means he should raise th ebabies... so is trying to do whatever he can to say that i cant handle it... and i am... I never have enough sleep nap every chance i can with the boys... my hosue is always a mess... I jsu tfeel like i have to be perfect otherwise hell find some fault that he could get a judge to agree with... and it leeaves me second guessing myself, on stuff i never would otherwise... should i feed them this? am i doing this or that right? stupid stuff ... when isend the boys out , he keeps stuff, just top be a prick... baby blankets, sleepers, onsies , little things... but it all adds up.. its frustrating... Im not perfect btu i love my babies and its hell even considering that someone ( him ) wants to take them... after he kept sebastien and i got an emergency order to get him home we went to court the following ...
    cont'
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Comment by Mommy-2-B-of-3 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on May. 15, 2011

• week and it was stupid... he brought his whole familly, mom and kids, with him to indimidate me... I had been saying since we broke up that yes he could absolutely visit with the boys ( bonus being i have this all in writing for judge ) but tha ti was worried as i felt he would try to keep them... and that because of that i wanted us to address custody and access asap, but in the meantime could he visit with them in my home... i sent a mediator to him trying to sort everything and yeah... so we go to court and he tries to act as though i was refusing to let him see the boys , even though when my one son who had surgery got an infection in his wound from a stitch being stuck under, I had to beg him to even be bothered to come and visit them... its just such a mess and its killing me.. all I want to do is raise my babies and enjoy it, not deal with this sh*t. going through the surgery and recovery was enough... sry need to vent
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Comment by Mommy-2-B-of-3 (original poster) at 1:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• i don"t have twins but i do have a 3 year old who has fever seziers has had 3 so far & eye surgery & ear surgery sorry but iam trying to say your not alone yea u can get avice & surport from Wic or parents to be.com also we all neeed friends if u waunt u can e-mail me!! our son has to have test ran to be sure that he has no nerve brain damage , also my prayers r with u & all your baby"s i too feel over whemed i work 8 hrs a day 6 days a week !!sorry to say but your hubby sounds like a real a--!!
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:12 AM on May. 15, 2011

• hey my family lives far way in Kentucky so i too feel alone sometime but your a great mom u seem stroung my god bless u &all your babys
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:27 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Im in Canada ... not sure what WIC is but am thinking from the other posts ive seen its from US ? Thing ive found is that i always can find moral support.... maybe not right when i need it ( 3 am lol ) but overall, my girls are there to talk to when i need to on the phone... just sucks because between say my four best girls there is 11 kids ... making it nearly impossible to visit... I dunno ... I don't want to complain, there is always someone who has it worse... just got to me last night... guess only thing to do is to keep trucking, ge ter done, and let him prove what an arse he is... last one im sure will happen... he was fairly insistent that i return the xmas gifts from his family, again gratefully in writing... sure judge will love that... just shit like that til court and for next 18 years has me annoyed... this is going to be a lifetime battle im sure.. errrr lol Thanks for the kind words ladies..
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Comment by Mommy-2-B-of-3 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Sorry im not a single mother and I dont have twins but things will get better just pray about it! and im sure God will rule in your favor this is just a season that your going through things will get better I promise!.......But what a jerk
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have 13 month old twins, girl and boy. I cant imagine how hard it it for you to do it alone. It actually gets easier once they start crawling and walking. Then they can keep themselves occupied longer. I gate off any areas of the house that is off limits and then they have the rest of the house to explore. I babyproofed months before they were even crawling. Now that they just turned 12 mon ths it is so much easier when they go get toys out of the toybox and play. It will get easier, just give it time. If you havent done it already, I would suggest laying them down after lunch everyday at the same time and get them trained to take a long afternoon nap so you get time to yourself. It took mine a few weeks but they eventually learned and now sleep for 2-3 hours every afternoon.
    TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 11:28 PM on May. 15, 2011