I am addicted to Percocet. adult content

3 years ago I was prescribed Percocet for an acute but temporary lung condition. I was prescribed it for 6 weeks & was then hooked.
I love it so much. When I take it my stomach gets slightly nauseated so I don't really have an appetite. I have lost 65 lbs since my abuse began. I'm not grotesquely skinny -- I'm 5 foot even & weigh 130lbs but it is affecting my stomach I'm sure. I love it because when I take 3-4 tablets my head gets all fuzzy so i can just lay & relax...waiting to fall asleep or for it to go away. I've never had any other addiction. I'm embarassed. I'm scared if I tell my husband he will leave me. I'm scared if I go to rehab my kids will be taken away. Idk where to start. I tried quitting 3 months ago & it was so hard. If anyone can offer me any advice I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• I would talk to the doctor who has been prescribing it to you and let him/her know how you feel and they could offer you some insight on how to safely cut the habit. :) Best of luck to you.
    daisypetals2000

Answer by daisypetals2000 at 1:22 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Percocet is a dangerous drug. I work in a orthopedic office and see ppl who break bones just to get it. I have friends who are addicited to it. I think u need to sit hubby down and tell him the problem, tell him you want help. He is your husband if u cant tell him then your not going to get better, he is going to find out one way or another. Your probably going to need professional help. You said you love it, thats pretty bad.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 1:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I am not tring to sound mean at all, but this is very concerning.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 1:27 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Well that's another thing, he only prescribed it to me for 6 weeks. I've been buying it illegally. I'm so ashamed. This is the most shameful thing to ever happen in my family. I know what I need to do I'm just so terrified. Of the consequences. Thank you for your imput!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on May. 15, 2011

• go into rehab
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 1:29 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Oh, I know you don't mean it in a mean way. I know you are being honest. The point I have come to is sad. The first step is admitting & this is my first time admitting I do have a problem. I know its only admitting via internet. After church tomorrow I will take my kids to my parents for the afternoon & talk to my husband. Thank you for the support.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 AM on May. 15, 2011

• i would go to rehab if it was me in fact it would be better if you did that way you could be safely taken off of it. your not alone when it comes to human services i was put in the system when i was very young people often lied about my family that is what got me put into the system. good luck i hope you get well soon.

momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 1:42 AM on May. 15, 2011

• – collapse
    Your a mom ? Get a Life Druggie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on May. 15, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I really think you should talk to your husband or someone. If u are buying it off the street it sounds like your habit is getting out of control. What if u get in trouble with the cops and then you have to explain it to everyone under different circumstances. Not only that think how embarasses you would be.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 2:21 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I think that talking to your husband will help. If he is any kind of husband he will understand and want to get you the help you need. You aren't the fist person to have an addiction and there is treatment out there for you. You won't lose your children especially since your husband is in the picture and there are no courts involved.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 2:57 AM on May. 15, 2011