Threading

I was wondering if anyone knows if you have to go to school to thread eyebrows, face hair, etc. I know how to do it and would love to do it for people. I am in cosmetology school and we don't learn it there and I am just wanting to know if I would have to have some kind of degree to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• We have kiosks at all the malls with threading booths. If you could find a booth ask the women there. If anyone knows they should know. I checked with an esthetician I know and it was not offered where she went to school either. I suspect it may be unregulated because you apply no wax or chemical, no solutions or lights. It is simply thread. You're right..threading did last longer but my skin around my eyes is too sensitive for it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i would imagine so ...but im not sure
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 1:30 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't know..all I do know is I did it once and it hurt 10X worse than waxing. Never, ever again.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:02 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I, too, wax. But I like threading and I know a lot of people who prefer it. But not many places around here do it. For me, though, threading lasts longer and I don't think it hurts bad at all. Definitely no worse than waxing. But you're not the only one, I'm sure, that thinks this. Like I said though, I'm just wondering if you have to have some kind of degree or certificate to do this because my cosmetology school doesn't offer this. I enjoy doing this and since it's so rare to find a place around here that offers threading, I'd love to get into it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:44 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot about the kiosks at the mall. Even though there aren't any at the malls around here I do know of a mall a little ways away that offers it. I think I'll call or next time I'm up there ask them about it. Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on May. 15, 2011