Emergency!!! How can I get Microsoft Word without purchasing the software?

My laptop came with a free trial version of Microsoft Office Word 2007 and now it’s expired and I can’t edit or print or even copy my files!!! I can’t afford to purchase it right now and I’m on a tight schedule to turn in some papers… Is there any way to enter someone else’s product key or SOMETHING to get my files?!? Please help!!!

ArmyWife0112

Asked by ArmyWife0112 at 3:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• can you attach them to an email and send them to yourself and then go to the library or kinkos and finish?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Anon, that was EXTREMELY rude and uncalled for. I don't see any reason for someone to comment on a question they have no intention of actually giving advice on. KaceesMom, I appreciate ur concern, I actually found out about a software that is free and let's me open my documents. I posted this same question on fluther.com and got some answers. i'm downloading now, wish me well!!! :)
    ArmyWife0112

Answer by ArmyWife0112 at 3:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Your files are still on your computer -- you don't have to open them to email them as someone else suggested. Save them to a disk, email them, burn on a cd, or thumb drive -- you can do this without opening office. Just search for the files and copy them.

Also, I believe OpenOffice 3.0 can open docx forms.. you might try it - its free..

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Actually, that was what was suggested on fluther.com by someone else, and I've already installed it. I'm working on my paper again and learning a new software all at the same time!!! lol, thank you for your help, i truly appreciate it. i was having a meltdown!!
    ArmyWife0112

Answer by ArmyWife0112 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Just for future reference. Using someone else's product key is called copyright infringement and it comes with jail time if you get caught.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ummmmmmmmm.. Chrissy pooh, don't call the copyright police just yet Hon. I think the software she is asking about is free to install. Thanks for patrolling anyway!
    Anonymous

• Microsoft free trial is just that a free trial. It isn't an unlimited trial. So get your thumb out of your ass miss anonymous. Better safe then sorry.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes, there is a free trial for microsoft...as a matter of a fact I'm using it right now!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You can usually open Word docs in NotePad. Sometimes that's easier than learning new software. I can't stand trial offers, don't give it to me at all if it's not going to come free with the PC.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008