Where do you store your........

onions and tomatoes? I store mine in the refrigerator but my friends says your suppose to leave them out... who's right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I keep my tomatoes in the fridge but my onions I keep out.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:44 AM on May. 15, 2011

• fridge....i don't know why now that i think about it lol
    HeavenTrinJr

Answer by HeavenTrinJr at 2:53 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I keep my onions stored in a dark place in the pantry and my tomatoes in the fridge. My mom says I'm suppose to store my tomatoes on the counter and I have before, but I just like putting them in the fridge.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I used to put the onions in a wire basket and the tomatoes in the fridge, but now I pre-chop my onions and freeze them if I plan on cooking with them or put them in the fridge if I want raw onions (for salads and burgers). I still keep the tomatoes in the fridge. If I got farm-fresh produce or garden-fresh produce, I'd keep it out probably, but the stuff you get from the store is usually stored cold, close to freezing in some cases, so it tends to go bad more quickly if left out. Even still, it depends largely on when and for what you plan on using the produce. I tend to forget I've bought things and they'll go bad pretty quick if I don't at least put them in the fridge if not freeze them.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• When I was a kid everything went into the fridge because most of our houses had roaches. That might be part of why I refrigerate things now.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:37 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I have heard they should be stored out too. Something about the nutriets breaking down when chilled. I like my tomatoes cold though so I store them in the frig. We do not eat onions anymore.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:07 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Onions stay in the mesh bag in a cool spot in the basement. Tomatoes stay on the counter. Neither are supposed to go in the fridge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I put mine in the refridgerator but I don't think it matters
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:26 PM on May. 15, 2011