Is there anything you an do to control nose bleeds?

My nine year old daughter often gets a nose bleed, whick seems to be linked to the weather I think. Perhaps dry air? Today she came running into the house with a terrible nose bleed. Should I take her to the Dr. or is there something I can do/change to help prevent them???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• When my son was in middle school he got frequent nose bleeds and had to be seen by a specialist to get a vein cauterized. You can Google 'childrens' nosebleeds' and there are some useful links. Have the child sit down and not lay down when it happens and apply pressure to the sides of the nose. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:04 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My 5 yr old gets them very often. He got 5 the week we stayed with the in-laws and 2 of them were in the same night. Their place is real dry. The Dr told me to give him Claritin. He never wants to take it so I can't say that it's any different. They do make them chewable so I am going to try that next. His come mostly in the middle of the night and it ruined so many sheets. It got to the point where I just hung a towel on his headboard so he could grab it quick because he panicked every time.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 8:57 AM on May. 15, 2011

• You can run a humidifier if its happening in your home. I got them often as a kid too.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks Ladies for the great ideas! I will give some of them a try. :0)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 AM on May. 16, 2011