Do you find yourself doing silly things now that you're a mom?

A silly, happy song came on the tv and I found myself dancing around the living room with my baby!! Lol

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think I am the dorkiest/silliest mom and Campus Aide at school. I have been working there since my kindergarteners are now fourth graders and when I try to calm the bus lines I start the ol' A-A-A- says the A buh-buh-buh- says the B! kuh-kuh-kuh- goes the C "just like K"! they look at me and say OMG! Ms. so and so I can't believe you remember that! I am also silly in the sense that I make up words to the tune of nursery rhymes. I.E. my son isn't wiping himself right so to the tune of Mary had a little lamb, I sing -Alex has to wipe his butt, wipe his butt, wipe his butt, Alex has to wipe his butt, or mommy will be mad, she has to wash your undies everyday, everyday, etc. I have much more!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well I dont have a baby yet. But I do find myself start to dance when a song comes on! And my SO looks at me like Im insane. I think everyone will have a inner child like that forever! Some people just wont admit it. I LOVE watching cartoons and always will. My dad still watches cartoons lol.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My mom instincts have kicked in already =oB

If Randy has something on his face (like at a restaurant), I'll just reach over and wipe it off LMAO! He hates it so much. At least I don't lick my finger like my mom used to do with me o.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• haha, i lick my finger.
    but uh, i think the thing that proves the most i'm a mom, is i was hanging up laundry yesterday.
    and i ran out of big people hangers, hahah, so i use my son's hangers for the last two shirts of mine :)
    dddebrababy.

Answer by dddebrababy. at 9:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yeah, like going to bed at 9:00!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Bed? What is bed manda? I have not gone to bed....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• First of all, mom spit is better than any hair gel. I swear by it! lol.... I also used to sing this song to my older boys when I made them chocolate milk. They called it chunky munk, and it went (to the tune of Twist and shout) "Shake it up baby now, chunky munk....." and I'd dance around the kitchen. The kids loved it, but if anyone stopped by during one of these episodes, they thought I was loony!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was singing and dancing with my son at a local business a couple nights ago; and that's *normal* behavior for him and me.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• We sing and dance...loudly and obnoxiously, but I always have!. I do the annoying rhyming with the w words. Lets go take a bathy wathy. Yeah, I am that mom. Since my SS was little and I started babysitting him when my husband would work, I did that. Then he got too old for it so we upgraded to torture of a thousand kisses and ticklest monster games. Then my daughter was born and I could do the w rhymes again.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I always do crazy stuff for my little girl. We sing the songs to the all her favorite cartoons. We dance around the house to stuff like spongebob. It's fun though and she gets a kick out of it
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008