What's one thing you're doing differently than your mom?

pampire

Asked by pampire at 3:34 AM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• treating my kids the way i wanted to be treated my adoptive mom was not supportive in anything that i did
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Actually being a mom. Mine left when I was really little, my dad raised us.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:02 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I wake up to make my child's lunch and to take him to school. My mom always claimed she was "not a morning person." So as the oldest made our lunches, got us up for school, and made sure we got on the bus in time. In middle school and high school I can se how ot was our job....but not in preschool or the early years. I make sure to be up for week ends and all mornings. Some of the best moments are in the mornings. Glad I am not missing out.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:46 AM on May. 15, 2011

• i am anti-smackin i dont believe in it at all, my mum used to smack the back of my legs when i was naughty so thats something i do different
    caz72

Answer by caz72 at 10:52 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I've always told my kids I love them. I started right after they were born and I do it to this day. My kids know I love them not only from the way I treat them but because they HEAR me say it to them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:43 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't yell at my kids. My mom was the type of person that always yelled at me. I raise my voice to get my kids attention, once I have it I talk in a normal tone of voice. I feel my approach is more respectful to the child.
    Samantha M.

Answer by Samantha M. at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I wish I had as many patience as my mom has.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Raising my children. My mom abandoned me when I was a baby and my dad got custody of me on my first birthday. She's never been a part of my life by likes to bitch and whine that I never had time for her, a virtual stranger.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I make my kids do chores and clean up after themselves. I'm not their maid.
    My mom did everything for us and we never had to clean up after ourselves. I wish I could tell her I was sorry about taking advantage of her but she died almost 11 years ago (when I was 23 and she was 51).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I grew up with us all always having to move, from apartments, hotels, grandmas house and even some friends of my parents. it was my parents, me and my 2 younger brothers. So I have always said that I will never do that to my kids. I will try my hardest to keep a stable home and to be able to give my kids nice things.

nikki9917

Answer by nikki9917 at 3:32 PM on May. 15, 2011