How Many Diapers Of Each Size Should I Stock Up On?

I'm 30wks preg. I need to start stocking up on some diapers. But i am not sure how much of each size i should buy. I know that i need a lot of size 3 diapers. But i am clueless about how many Newborn, size 1 and size 2 diapers i need. I am afraid i will buy too many and that would be a waste of money.

MamaSince2005

Asked by MamaSince2005 at 4:02 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have registered for one BIG package of newborn, size 1 and size 2. The great thing about diapers is that Target and Walmart will both allow you to bring them back and exchange for the next size up (as long as the box is unopened).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:05 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Honestly, I would buy them as you need them because every child grows differently. I don't even remember how many size 1, or 2 diaper packs we bought. Dozens probably.
    AnGLInterrupted

Answer by AnGLInterrupted at 4:05 AM on May. 15, 2011

• we are on a budget. and i would like to buy what i need early so i don't have to worry about having enough money to buy diapers in the future.
    MamaSince2005

Comment by MamaSince2005 (original poster) at 4:12 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I went to the pampers website. Size 1 [on swaddlers] goes between 8-14lbs. Size 2 [on swaddlers] goes between 12-18lbs. Size 2-3 [on swaddlers] goes between 14-22lbs. I think DD was in size 1 for 2 to 2.5 months. She was in size 2-3 for another 3 to 4 months. She was in size 3 on cruisers for another month or so, then to a size 4 [which she stayed in for awhile] on cruisers at around 8 months or so. If I remember correctly.

So for BULK packs, I'd probably buy 2 or 3 of each to just start off. Maybe 4 of the size 2-3.
    AnGLInterrupted

Answer by AnGLInterrupted at 4:27 AM on May. 15, 2011

• If I cn remember right
    1 big box of newborns
    2, maybe 3 big boxes of size one
    same for size 2, probably 3
    and then my son was in size 3 for a good while, like 7-13mos lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:46 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't stock up too much just because there's a chance baby will have a bad reaction/be allergic to one or two kinds - if you stock up on one kind and baby can't wear them you're out all those diapers. Mine never fit in newborn diapers, they were size 1 for about 2 months, size 2 for about 3 months, and size 3 til they were about 9 or 10 months, then size 4 pretty much til they potty trained. If you're worried about having money for diapers, go get yourself some gift cards or something and write "diapers only" on them with a permanent marker, and use those for diapers when you need them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 15, 2011

• 5 newborns and 5 boxs of 1 and like 3 on size 2
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Just get a few packs of size one ( big boxes) a few more of size 2, lots of 3's and 4's. I'd go for more size 3s' as you can move the baby up to that size if you run out of 2's. there isnt too big a difference. Just whatever is on sale. It is a good idea to shop ahead! I would also get 3 or 4 all in one cloth diapers, I found those to be very usefull when I ran out of disposables.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I used pamper and huggies for newborns, and definately preferred one over the other--I would have hated "having" to use one particular brand because I had stockpiled it before birth.

I recommend purchasing about three different brands of the Newborn size then decide which brand you like best...then you'll know which brand you want to go with for the rest...

If you want to stock up now, why not just put the money in an envelope to save?
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Just buy however many of each size you think you'll need, and then if you don't use, for example, all of your size 1 diapers, you can just take them up to walmart and exchange them for the size you need....if they're unopened that is...that's what I did lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 10:32 PM on May. 15, 2011