When can i start to feel happy? I'm 11 weeks and 5 days along. i had a miscarriage about a year ago. I feel like i keep having to wait till I' farther along. I am throwing up alot I heard that was a good sign. LOL

I get to stop taking Prometrium at 12 weeks. Yay maby i'll feel better then.

Jamelyn777

Asked by Jamelyn777 at 3:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've never had a miscarriage, so I can't say that I understand how you feel. I think that you have to deal with this the same way that you would deal with any other issue though; just take it one day at a time. Don't let your fear stop you from feeling the joy of being pregnant. Some women never even get to feel what it's like to be pregnant. Count every minute that you have that baby with you a blessing (even the morning sickness). Just keep telling yourself that this is a blessing and relax, so that you can feel more joy than fear. Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have had 5 miscarriages. With my second child who is here with us, I was told by my high-risk doctor that once an u/s at 12 weeks shows movement the risk of m/c falls to 5%.
    Dawn327

Answer by Dawn327 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Be happy now. I know it's hard. But you are depriving yourself of the joy of pregnancy. You have to stay positive. Don't wait for the worst. Negative energy draws negative energy.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had a miscarriage before having my daughter. When I got pregnant with her, all I thought for the first few months was that I was going to lose her too and I wasnt very excited to be pregnant... At the ultrasound, when we went to see the gender, I saw her and she was moving around and looked so perfect. Her heartrate was great and the tech said everything was good. It wasnt until then that I actually was like "Im having a baby." So I know how you feel, it will get better when you get further along and realize she is there to stay! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You can start feeling cautiously optimistic now. That's how I felt my whole pregnancy. I didn't have an MC, but I am a worrier. It's scary business being preggo and having children in general. Try to stay on the positive and don't dwell on what could go wrong. There is something at every stage (even when they're all grown up). If you don't enjoy it now you could miss something! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I understand how you feel. The first three months were so hard and i would just sit here and cry sometimes. sometimes i do still cry because i feel very alone but then when you feel and see the baby move the first time its like a high. and every time i go to the doctor i come out like i am on cloud 9 all the time that usually helps me. everyone is different and your hormones are going a litlte nutty right now. so even thought you think you are not happy deep down it will be alright. keep thinking positive thoughts. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I know how you feel. The only thing that helped me was "living in the moment". The added stress of worry does not make anything better or easier to handle. I still find myself nervous at times and then I have to think... " i am okay right now"..
    shana.maria81

Answer by shana.maria81 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The risk of miscarriage is so high during the first trimester, and falls greatly once you hit 12 wks. So girl congrats! You just about made it to 12 wks! Just be happy, and like they said, just take it one day at a time. It's a natural part of being pregnant to worry constantly about the well-being of your baby. I think most women worry about having a miscarriage, especially when they want that baby so much, but just keep on taking care of yourself, and everything should be fine. Good luck, girl!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My first pregnancy was ectopic, so after that I was really paranoid that I would lose another baby. They say after 12 weeks, the chance of miscarriage goes down dramatically, so you can try to relax a little now.
    From my personal experience, 'd tell you try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can. I was miserable when I was prego with my son because I was just constantly worried. But looking back, I missed out on enjoying my first full term pregnancy, and for what?? If I would've lost him, I still would've been devastated, only I wouldn't have enjoyed the short time I had with him in my belly. So, try to relax. Best of luck.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008