Is this normal? adult content

My 2 yo ds has brought me poop from his diaper twice. He is not playing in it or anything it is just more or less his way of telling me he needs changed I think. Is this normal to do at his age? I'm trying to potty train him. Sorry I kno this is gross.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is normal. 2YOs explore their world with their sense of touch mostly. Why do you think parents have the consistent job to ask their toddlers not to touch every single thing on sight. Later on the toddler is taught that poop is not something to play with. I know is gross but look it this way. As if your toddler is communicating with you. Like your toddler is saying "Mom look what I made", or "Mom this look like..." Is totally normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Yeah it's definently normal. My 2 year old nephew likes to poop in the litter box and scoop out and put it in the toilet.
    brysonsmommy_10

Answer by brysonsmommy_10 at 8:44 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes It is normal. My two year old does the same thing. Hopefully they realize it is not to play with but for now that is how they do it.
    daddysgirl17

Answer by daddysgirl17 at 9:59 AM on May. 15, 2011