Am i losing too much weight?

i had my daughter 11 days ago :)
before i got pregnant i was 96-98 lbs. and was about 133-134 before i had her. i initially dropped 11lbs after having her. and now im only 113. is it normal to lose 20lbs so fast? i havent had much time to eat. i was breast feeding but im not anymore. and i havent worked out or anything like that. ive also kinda had a stomach bug these last few days. i just want to make sure this is all healthy and safe!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:22 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes that is very normal the doctors say you lose about 45lbs after having a baby and then if your breast feeding that helps you to also lose weight quickly.
    VIMommy

Answer by VIMommy at 6:58 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Normal. Within a week of having my daughter I was 7 lbs under pre pregnancy weight (of 125 lbs)

Answer by missanc at 8:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Yeah, that can happen for some women. There's a lot of water weight that we gain during pregnancy to have the blood volume necessary to support a fetus (hence those swollen ankles), and that takes a few days to go away, as well as some of the fat stores we develop and such. Make sure you're eating, though, because your body is trying to heal from pregnancy and delivery, so it needs more calories during any time that you're healing. Congratulations on your new daughter!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:03 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Nope
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:40 AM on May. 15, 2011

• When I had my first son I went into the hospital at 138 lbs and left at 120 lbs. By my 6 week checkup I was at 115. (My pre-pregnancy weight was 118)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• sounds normal to me if you are concerned I would consult your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:05 PM on May. 15, 2011